Featured: Starting a new accessibility remediation project?
Sheri Byrne-Haber says that “Marie Kondo’ing the project first will get you to your goal faster.”
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Document and content language (resource – webaim.org)
- Be careful with dynamic accessible names (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- Accessible overlay tools: Realities and myths (blog post – microassist.com)
- Semantics in web development (blog post – 24days.in
- (The return of) Tables, tequila and beer (blog post – html5accessibility.com)
- Recognizing C]constraints (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- Giving users and developers more control over focus (blog post – blog.chromium.org)
- Camera Obscura: Beyond the lens of user-centered design (blog post – alexis.medium.com)
- Stock Photo Sites for Inclusion (blog post – lflegal.com)
New to A11y?
Ezgi Hendrickx shares a handful of golden rules for accessibility. My favorite? “Don’t forget to test keyboard navigation.” It’s often overlooked and the foundation for all other accessibility work.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.