Featured: Is progressive enhancement dead yet?
Heydon Pickering works in Tony Hawk and zombies for a video that teaches you about progressive enhancement.
Read more of Is progressive enhancement dead yet?
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Timing is everything (blog post – feather.ca)
- Together lets tackle the biggest accessibility elephant in the room in 2021 (blog post – linkedin.com)
- Multi-function button (blog post - adrianroselli.com)
- The state of accessibility with Derek Featherstone (podcast - uxpodcast.com)
- 2021 accessibility predictions (blog post - uxdesign.cc)
- A brief history of screen readers (blog post - knowbility.org)
- Web accessible code libraries and design patterns (blog post - webaxe.org)
- Grids part 2: Semantics (blog post - sarahmhigley.com)
- Disability and dating: ‘Why do people think I’m my boyfriend’s carer?’ (blog post - bbc.co.uk)
- Inclusive design pioneer August de los Reyes dies of COVID-19 complications (blog post - fastcompany.com)
New to A11y?
Ash shares how their company approached getting started with accessibility by conducting a hack day. Hack days or events like them, can ignite the momentum behind accessibility efforts, so long as you have executive buy in and solid participation.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.