Featured: The problem with screen reader testing
Jake Tracey pitches a pragmatic approach to screen reader testing for developers.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- The no-mouse challenge: Taking the keyboard navigation red pill (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- A11y Rules podcast guests define web accessibility (blog post – incl.ca)
- Three quick tips to achieve your 2021 accessibility goals (video - youtube.com)
- Front-end performance checklist 2021 (resource - smashingmagazine.com)
- Why the Accessibility Tree is key to understanding accessible applications (blog post - blogs.intuit.com/blog)
- ButtonBuddy - learn about accessible button contrast (resource/tool - buttonbuddy.dev)
- The ongoing evolution of ‘Shift left’ (blog post - feather.ca)
- Not all disabilities are visible. Mine was reluctant to be seen (blog post - getstark.co)
New to A11y?
Rakshitha Arni Ravishankar wrote up a nice primer on ableist language, explaining why you need to stop using these words and phrases. Combating ableist language takes real work and every little bit helps.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.