Featured: Accessibility auditing and ego
Eric Bailey reminds us that accessibility audits shold be accurate, actionable and lead to fixing the outlined issues.
Read more of Accessibility auditing and ego.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Entering a new digital age for accessibility and inclusion (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- If somebody can use it, somebody can misuse it (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- Readability study (survey - survey.thereadability.group)
- aria-description: By public demand and to thunderous applause (blog post - html5accessibility.com)
- What’s next for HTML controls? (podcast - smashingmagazine.com)
- :focus-visible support comes to Firefox (blog post - css-tricks.com)
- WHCM and system colors (blog post - adrianroselli.com)
- Atkinson Hyperlegible font may be pretty good if your granny can’t see well (blog post - christiantietze.de)
- The business impact of creating accessible experiences (webinar - o3world.com)
New to A11y?
Ben Myers shows you how to implement a skip link. Teams can overlook skip links, but they help many people, including keyboard users and screen reader users.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.