Featured: WCAG 2.2: What changes for websites and how does it impact users?
Kate Kalcevich delivers a thorough primer on all things WCAG 2.2 and what it means for sites and users.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Sim Daltonism for Mac (tool – michelf.ca)
- HTML form components and how they are interpreted by screen readers (resource – russmaxdesign.github.io/accessible-forms)
- From scientific racism to inclusive design (blog post - uxdesign.cc)
- An accessible current page navigation state (blog post - callumhart.com)
- Deque Systems launches axe™ DevTools Pro (blog post - deque.com)
- Google announces an “all-new” version of TalkBack screen reader for Android (blog post - coolblindtech.com)
- Reversed exclusion (blog post - accessibility.freiding.net)
- Writing good alt text (video - youtube.com)
- Tips on designing inclusively for cognitive disabilities (blog post - uxdesign.cc)
- I have one of the most advanced prosthetic arms in the world — and I hate it (blog post - inputmag.com)
- Imagining native skip links (blog post - kittygiraudel.com)
New to A11y?
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.