Featured: Modern CSS upgrades to improve accessibility
Stephanie Eckles says “For front-end tasks, modern CSS provides capabilities we can leverage to make layouts more accessibly inclusive for users of all abilities across any device.”
Read more of Modern CSS upgrades to improve accessibility.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Accessible UI frameworks: A word of caution (blog post – dev.to/steady5063)
- Space Jam (blog post – mxb.dev)
- Canadian COVID vaccination landing pages — How accessible are they to people with disabilities? (blog post - linkedin.com)
- Web languages as compile targets (blog post - blog.jim-nielsen.com)
- Sortable table columns (blog post - adrianroselli.com)
- Websites not bound by ADA accessibility rules, 11th Circuit finds (blog post - courthousenews.com)
- 11TH Circuit reverses Winn-Dixie, what it means to you (blog post - convergeaccessibility.com)
- Living with a disability is very expensive – even with government assistance (blog post - theconversation.com)
- Checking Windows High Contrast Mode on a Mac for free (blog post - marcus.io)
- How do I measure accessibility maturity and compliance? (blog post - abilitynet.org.uk)
- The incredible weight of being a trans woman in tech (blog post - dev.to/penelope_zone)
- Introducing Editoria11y: Accessibility autocorrect (blog post/tool - accessibility.princeton.edu)
New to A11y?
Suzanne Aitchison lists the five things I’m thinking about when I check a pull request for accessibility. I love how the tips start with asking “What even is this feature?” You can’t do the right thing if you don’t know what you’re aiming for in the first place.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.