Featured: Narrow Winn-Dixie court opinion limits certain types of web accessibility lawsuits in three U.S. states
Lainey Feingold encourages you to keep the latest Winn-Dixie court decision in perspective. The article lists several factors to keep in mind when considering the opinion and its impact on web accessibility in the United States.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Winn-Dixie Opinion: A judge on a mission to eliminate civil rights (blog post – lflegal.com)
- Disability rights advocates question Kentucky policy on COVID vaccines (news article – wfpl.org)
- Designing custom focus indicators (blog post - craftcms.com)
- Inclusive teaching: Audio describing your own presentations (blog post - feather.ca)
- The harmful ableist language you unknowingly use (blog post - bbc.com)
- Visually impaired users complain after rail websites go greyscale for Prince Philip (news article - theguardian.com)
- Chartability (tool - chartability.fizz.studio)
- Mobile accessibility: How to build apps that work for all users (blog post - shopify.com)
New to A11y?
Maggie Wachs teaches you to name almost everything when it comes to accessibility. I love the process for deciding which naming method works best.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.