Featured: WebAIM Million – 2021 update
This annual accessibility analysis of the home pages of the top one million web sites provides insight into the current state of and trends for web accessibility.
Read more of WebAIM Million – 2021 update.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- All about the presentation: Don’t let accessibility slide (blog post – tpgi.com)
- ‘Disability keeps getting left out’: A Google exec on boosting representation of people with disabilities — and bringing them into the C-suite (article – marketwatch.com)
- AccessAbility playbook (resource - ceacs-cesca.github.io)
- To subset or not subset fonts (blog post - ericwbailey.design)
- Exploring color-contrast() for the first time (blog post - css-tricks.com)
- What’s ‘normative’ in WCAG? (blog post - hiddedevries.nl)
- Developer modules (resource - w3.org/wai)
- Empathy cannot sustain action in technology accessibility (research - frontiersin.org)
- Why accessible documentation is a must for design systems (blog post - knapsack.cloud)
- Should you use an h1 in email code? (blog post - goodemailcode.com)
- IAAP pre-approves The A11Y Collective courses as Continuing Accessibility Education Credits (blog post - a11y-collective.com)
- Making content usable for people with cognitive and learning disabilities (resource - w3.org)
- HTML developers: Please consider – in the year of 2021 (blog post - html5accessibility.com)
New to A11y?
How do you make accessibility easier? Kate Kalcevich and Mike Gifford say catch issues earlier by baking layers of accessibility testing into your process. Everyone has a role to play here too, as one person can’t do this on their own.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.