Featured: Embracing design constraints
Adrian Roselli reminds us that design isn’t art, but solving problems within a set of constraints.
Read more of Embracing design constraints.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Why accessibility overlays hurt more than help (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- Testing accessibility (video – learnwithjason.dev)
- The hidden world of aria-hidden (blog post - html5accessibility.com)
- Inclusive UX in an era of anxiety (blog post - uxdesign.cc)
- HTMHell newsletter (newsletter - htmhell.dev)
- Best practices for image text alternatives (blog post - knowbility.org)
- Cognitive bias and the design process (blog post - jonyablonski.com)
- WCAG 2.2: What’s new and what to do with it with Alastair Campbell (video - youtube.com)
- Accessibility concerns for content staff (blog post - blog.tenon.io)
- Google Docs switches to Canvas rendering, sidelining the DOM (blog post - thenewstack.io)
- Why getting more people with disabilities developing technology is good for everyone (blog post - theconversation.com)
- A comic about writing alternative text for comics (tweet - twitter.com/AdhdBri)
New to A11y?
Sophie Koonin helps you find the right tag for the job when it comes to HTML. “Semantics is the study of meaning, and semantic HTML is exactly that - HTML tags that convey meaning.” Truth, Sophie!
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.