Featured: Accessibility for user experience designers
This blog post says it best, “Say it with me: Accessibility is usability!” The post dives into accessibility at the design phase and much more.
Read about Accessibility for User experience designers on Deque’s blog.
News and links
Firefox 49 supports the HTML5 details and summary elements: From the post, “Both full keyboard support and support for assistive technologies is also available right from the start.”
Resources, tools and tutorials
- List of web accessibility lawsuits (resource)
- ASLint (tool)
- Page builders and accessibility (blog post)
- Pre-Release: Inclusive Design Patterns by Heydon Pickering (book)
- HTML5 warns about meta values restricting zooming (resource)
- Roving tabindex (video podcast)
- Alternative text and images (blog post)
- Building accessible websites: What not to do (blog post)
- 2016 legal update on digital accessibility cases (webinar)
- Keycodes (tool)
New to A11y
Maria C. Lima dives into the basics of web accessibility and the benefits it has for companies that could help anyone new to the topic.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.