Featured: From a colourblind designer to the world: Please stop using red and green together
Andrew Wilshere shares the experience of being colourblind and how to avoid creating problems for colourblind people.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- How will Long-Covid change the UX accessibility landscape? (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- How Life Looks Through My ‘Whale Eyes’ (opinion article – nytimes.com)
- There’s no such thing as fully automated web accessibility (blog post - uxdesign.cc)
- accessiBe and the false David vs. Goliath narrative (blog post - ericwbailey.design)
- The accessibility stalemate (blog post - christianheilmann.com)
- The importance of accessibility (blog post - saucelabs.com)
- Deaf-blind Paralympian quits Team USA when told she can’t bring assistant to Tokyo (news article - sports.yahoo.com)
- The performance effects of too much lazy-loading (blog post - web.dev)
- Accessibility strategy for product management (blog post - tpgi.com)
- New in ARIA 1.2: ARIA IDL attributes (blog post - scottohara.me)
- What we learned about accessibility by scanning more than 2 million federal .gov web pages (blog post - fcw.com)
New to A11y?
Todd Libby discusses why accessibility? matters. You should do it because people have the right to access what you create. It’s that simple.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.