Featured: A case for accessibility statements in app stores
Hidde de Vries makes the case for including accessibility statements in app store listings.
Read more of A case for accessibility statements in app stores.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- The case of the ouch! Demonstrating inaccessible UX to bring organisational change (video – youtube.com)
- ‘May be an image’: what it’s like browsing Instagram while blind (article – theverge.com)
- Accessible design from the get-go (blog post - evilmartians.com)
- It is time to ditch the title “evangelist” from accessibility (blog post - uxdesign.cc)
- Web Directions AAA 2021 (event - webdirections.org)
- iOS custom accessibility actions (blog post - mobilea11y.com)
- A deep dive on skipping to content (blog post - css-tricks.com)
- How to handle live closed captioning – and the challenges (blog post - 3playmedia.com)
- Setting up an accessible Shopify store (blog post - practicalecommerce.com)
- How to meet the new qccessibility requirements of the Shopify theme store (blog post - shopify.com)
- Preston So: Unpacking the potential of voice content (blog post - medium.com/indeed-design)
New to A11y?
Jake Archibald wrote about how emotion matters when writing alternative text. It’s a reminder of how much context matters when it comes to accessibility.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.