Featured: Accessibility is a right. This restaurant treats it that way
Contento, in East Harlem, sets an example for an industry that is rarely welcoming to diners with disabilities.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Gorillas’ nav: a case study (blog post – kittygiraudel.com)
- Accessibility strategy for procurement (blog post – tpgi.com)
- WCAGify (tool - npmjs.com)
- Five reasons to make websites accessible (video - equalizedigital.com)
- Sentence forms (not Mad Libs) (blog post - adrianroselli.com)
- ARIA spec for the uninitiated: Part 1 (blog post - deque.com)
- What’s really wrong with the new Twitter font (blog post - slate.com)
- The Bumpy Typeface project challenges us to rethink our assumptions about gender through type design (blog post - itsnicethat.com)
- U.S. Federal Appeals Court slams unethical ADA practice (blog post - lflegal.com)
- Google announces seismic change to Docs (blog post - webaim.org)
- What’s on the menu? (blog post - marcus.io)
- Reviewing a design for accessibility (blog post - a11yproject.com)
- The Internet is for accessible porn (blog post - a11ysavvy.com)
- Eric Bailey and Ben Myers for a11y (video - youtube.com)
- How is COVID-19 still impacting digital accessibility? (survey - surveymonkey.com)
New to A11y?
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.