Featured: UX = accessibility and accessibility = UX
Gareth Ford Williams dives into the question of what accessibility would be like if it originated from a more ethical approach to UX design?
Read more of UX = accessibility and accessibility = UX.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Accessible design systems: Look good while doing good (blog post – designsystemsforfigma.com)
- Resources For building accessible tables (blog post – digitala11y.com)
- ARIA spec for the uninitiated: Part 2 (blog post - deque.com)
- Crystal Preston-Watson and Ashlee Boyer for a11y (video - youtube.com)
- Overlay overload: Competing popups are an increasing menace (blog post - nngroup.com)
- EA pushes for more accessible games for players with disabilities (news article - axios.com)
- Accessibility from the ground up (blog post - kittygiraudel.com)
- How to avoid Twitter’s latest accessibility mistakes (blog post - uxdesign.cc)
- Named and framed (blog post - html5accessibility.com)
- Accessibility in the Android world (blog post - proandroiddev.com)
New to A11y?
Gov.uk has some advice for building a resilient frontend using progressive enhancement that will get you going on the right path for better frontends. One of my favorite points in the article is how many things we can consider extras. Even styles!
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.