Featured: Color and contrast, what does it mean?
Erik Kroes teaches you more about how color contrast ratio gets determined, and what that means for you and your color palette.
Read more of Color and contrast, what does it mean?.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Four aria-mistakes worth solving (blog post – maxability.co.in)
- Why we can’t afford to ignore the needs of non-drivers with disabilities (blog post – usa.streetsblog.org)
- Why are hyperlinks blue? (blog post - blog.mozilla.org)
- Colorblind Accessibility Manifesto (resource - colorblindaccessibilitymanifesto.com)
- Element diversity (blog post - matuzo.at)
- Notes on synthetic speech (blog post - tink.uk)
- Image SVG aria-hack = resolved (blog post - scottohara.me)
- My experience as a visually impaired developer (video - edw.elementary.io)
- Getting started with Android Studio for mobile accessibility testing (video - youtube.com)
- Crossed out content (blog post - htmhell.dev)
- ‘Inspiration Porn’: Paralympians know it when they see it (news article - nytimes.com)
- Developing iOS apps with an accessibility mindset (video - youtube.com)
- Accessibility insights with Susanna Laurin of Funka and IAAP (webinar/event - abilitynet.org.uk)
- Accessible design with Cat Noone (webinar/event - dribbble.com)
New to A11y?
Andrey Yenin shared some tips for manual accessibility testing as a QA engineer. Andrey covers a lot of the basics here, and best of all, they don’t take a lot of time.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.