Featured: Inclusive Design 24 happens September 23 2021
One of my favorite accessibility conferences happens this Thursday. Inclusive Design 24 streams online for free for 24 hours, packed with talks all about inclusive design, accessibility and more. Best of all, all the talks get recorded and posted later so you can catch up on your own time.
Get ready for Inclusive Design 24.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Make accessibility part of your startup’s products and culture from day one (blog post – techcrunch.com)
- A disabled parrot in New Zealand has taught himself to use tools for self-care (article – sciencealert.com)
- Accessibility testing (blog post - adactio.com)
- Consider creating an HTML search element (GitHub issue - github.com)
- In quest of search (blog post - sarasoueidan.com)
- Knowledge Gathering - Karl Groves on accessibility in tech (video - youtube.com)
- ARIA spec for the uninitiated: Part 3 (blog post - deque.com)
- Subsets and supersets of WCAG (blog post - hiddedevries.nl)
- How to influence without authority (blog post - medium.com/atlassian-product-management-blog)
- Five people share their accessible work from home setups (blog post - refinery29.com)
- Some questions on accessibility in email — answered (blog post - paul-airy.medium.com)
New to A11y?
Whoa, imagine sending out 1,000 issues of a newsletter over almost two decades. That’s what Laura Carlson has done with the Web Design Update newsletter sending the 1,000th issue recently. The Web Design Update always has an accessibility section full of great links, plus many other topics related the web design industry. It’s one of my favorite newsletters, and you should subscribe.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.