Featured: Understanding the gender spectrum
Kitty Giraudel advocates for a more inclusive workplace with a guide for seeing gender as some sort of a spectrum rather than a binary thing.
Read more of Understanding the gender spectrum.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Legal update: U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Attorneys Offices, Championing digital access (blog post – lflegal.com)
- UX Accessibility: How to start designing for all (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- Using the platform (blog post - elisehe.in)
- Myths about web accessibility (blog post - alvaromontoro.com)
- Easy read is hard to get right (blog post - designnotes.blog.gov.uk)
- The button cheat sheet (resource - buttoncheatsheet.com)
- Twenty questions for disability-inclusive employers (blog post - disabilityvisibilityproject.com)
- What constitutes a digital accessibility audit (blog post - rmmagazine.com)
- Blaming Screen Readers 🚩×5 (blog post - adrianroselli.com)
- CurrentColor SVG in forced colors modes (blog post - melanie-richards.com)
- Help for my lawyer’s fees in the FACIL’iti lawsuit against me (blog post - lalutineduweb.fr)
New to A11y?
Justine Win walks you through testing the accessibility of your designs with a screen reader, especially useful if you’ve never used one before. I like how Justine breaks this down into steps, backed up by well-written details. Quality can come from thorough process.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.