Featured: If HTML and ARIA don’t allow it, it’s probably a bad idea
Martin Underhill dives into how invalid HTML and ARIA can be a clue that your interface might need another iteration.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Announcing the Accessibility NextGen Mentorship Program (tweet – twitter.com/A11yNextgen)
- Switch role support (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- So, you want an accessibility score? (blog post - blog.tenon.io)
- Enhancing the manifest (blog post - aaron-gustafson.com)
- Alternative text (updated) (resource - webaim.org)
- ‘I’m not a priority here’: Students express concerns about campus accessibility (news article - dailytarheel.com)
New to A11y?
Veronica Lewis shares seven myths about alt text that you should know about. Veronica has packed this post with links, answering nearly any question you could have about writing alternative text well.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.