Featured: Introduction to A.I. and accessibility testing
Ricky Onsman focuses on the impact of various types of AI on testing for digital accessibility. Sometimes, AI can have a role in potentially inhibiting web accessibility for people with disabilities.
Read more of Introduction to A.I. and accessibility testing.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Debugging HTML: Accessibility (blog post – htmhell.dev)
- The Captcha conundrum and accessible alternatives (blog post – digitala11y.com)
- Making open data platforms more accessible (blog post - medium.com/civicdatalab)
- Browsing with screen magnification (blog post - tetralogical.com)
- Justice Department sues Uber for charging ‘wait-time’ fees to passengers with disabilities (news article - washingtonpost.com)
- The endless search for “here” in the unhelpful “click here” button (blog post - getstark.co)
- Fifteen design trends from an accessibility perspective (blog post - bhmbizsites.com)
New to A11y?
Carie Fisher has researched and tested how best to handle SVGs in an accessible way for years, including articles on Deque’s blog and Smashing Magazine. That knowledge also lives in this CodePen, and Carie updates it regularly. I’ve bookmarked this for the future, and you should too.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.