Featured: Practical tips for building more accessible front-ends
Sara Soueidan encourages you to learn from their mistakes to create more accessible front-end experiences in this talk from An Event Apart.
Read more of Practical tips for building more accessible front-ends.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Honor prefers-color-scheme in the CSS Paint API with Custom Properties (blog post – css-tricks.com
- Measuring web performance at Airbnb (blog post - medium.com/airbnb-engineering)
- 2021 year end report - App & web accessibility lawsuits break records (blog post - blog.usablenet.com)
- Improving accessibility: VoiceOver (blog post - basbroek.nl)
- What Svelte’s accessibility warnings won’t tell you (blog post - geoffrich.net)
- Accessible Vue book now free (resource - accessible-vue.com)
- Why doing an instant ADA website compliance review is a terrible idea (blog post - sheribyrnehaber.com)
- Personalize it! (blog post - css-tricks.com)
New to A11y?
Nicolas Steenhout runs a fantastic podcast called A11y Rules about people involved in one way or another with web accessibility. The podcast also has a series you should check out called A11y Rules Soundbites, which are short discussions with disabled people about the barriers they encounter on the web. You get to hear what what it’s like in their words. No better way to build knowledge than from people with lived experience.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.