Featured: Session timeouts
Patrick H. Lauke points out that while session timeouts can provide security and protect privacy, “if they’re implemented incorrectly, they can prevent people from completing tasks on a website.”
Read more of Session timeouts.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Disabled people are tired: Public health and ableism (blog post – disabilityvisibilityproject.com
- Accessible typefaces, fonts, and text: Optimizing the reading experience (event - meetup.com/A11yNYC)
- Performance signals for customizing website UX (blog post - smashingmagazine.com)
- Carousels: No one likes you (blog post - jhalabi.com)
- A11y Automation Tracker (resource - a11y-automation.dev)
- Public ALT badge and exposed image descriptions on Twitter (tweet - twitter.com/TwitterA11y)
- #FACILiti will get you sued (blog post - adrianroselli.com)
- Don’t alienate your user: A primer for internationalisation & localisation (blog post - prototypr.io)
New to A11y?
Alexa Heinrich has created a fantastic resource on how to make your social media content accessible that you should check out. Alexa has covered so much here, including a glossary, how to test your content and more. Bookmark this one for sure.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.