Featured: Windows High Contrast Mode, Forced colors mode and CSS custom properties
Eric Bailey explains how modern CSS is a powerful piece of assistive technology that can thread into it to create flexible, maintainable and adaptive digital experiences.
Read more of Windows High Contrast Mode, Forced colors mode and CSS custom properties.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- A11yphant (resource – a11yphant.com
- HTML semantics (blog post - gomakethings.com)
- Justice Department issues web accessibility guidance under the Americans with Disabilities Act (press release - justice.gov)
- The DOJ’s new guidance says website accessibility is an enforcement priority but provides no new legal insights (blog post - adatitleiii.com)
- ADA web site compliance still not a thing (blog post - adrianroselli.com)
- Why we should be disappointed by DOJ’s web accessibility guidance (blog post - convergeaccessibility.com)
- The Book on Accessibility (resource - thebookonaccessibility.com)
- Accessibility annotation library for Figma (tool - figma.com)
New to A11y?
Mark Steadman encourages you to ask questions when it comes to accessibility. No matter how basic you think it might be. You can’t grow if you don’t search for new knowledge.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.