Featured: The WebAIM Million – 2022 update
The latest version of the WebAIM Million hit the web last week. “This annual accessibility analysis of the home pages of the top one million web sites provides insight into the current state of and trends for web accessibility.”
Read more of The WebAIM Million – 2022 update.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- “CODA” Actor Troy Kotsur Becomes First Deaf Man to Win an Oscar: “This Is Our Moment” (article – popsugar.com
- Make beautifully resilient apps with progressive enhancement (blog post - austingil.com)
- A gradual UX approach to design gender-inclusive forms (blog post - medium.com/wttj-tech)
- aria-labelledby usage notes (blog post - html5accessibility.com)
- Accessibility policy implementation: What you need to know (blog post - microassist.com)
New to A11y?
Martin Underhill took on an interesting challenge: summing up each success criterion in WCAG 2.1 in as close to a single paragraph as possible. I love this. If you read Martin’s post, and follow it up with the articles on DigitalA11Y, and then WebAIM’s checklist, you could start to gain solid grasp on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.