Featured: Accessible cards
Kitty Giraudel shares how to create an accessible card pattern in a concise tutorial.
Read more of Accessible cards.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Welcome to Braille Scanner (tweet – twitter.com/azzoor
- Employee support and adjustments in the age of Covid (webinar - zoom.us)
- What if… one day everything got better? (blog post - daverupert.com)
- Still plenty of work to do – the WebAIM Million (blog post - joedolson.com)
- How to build a progressively enhanced, accessible, filterable and paginated list (blog post - smashingmagazine.com)
- Accessible description exposure (blog post - adrianroselli.com)
- Cognitive accessibility design patterns - New user interface (blog post - w3.org/WAI)
- a11y-dialog (tool - a11y-dialog.netlify.app)
- How to talk about autism respectfully (blog post - coda.io/@mykola-bilokonsky)
- The ALT badge and exposed image descriptions go global on Twitter (tweet - twitter.com/TwitterA11y)
New to A11y?
Felicity Miners-Jones goes over how to make the business case for accessibility. I like that this wraps up with how creating accessible experiences makes your site or product more excellent. Who wouldn’t want that?
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.