Featured: What is accessibility coaching and why does it matter?
Michael Fairchild explains that the goal of accessibility coaching is to change a development team’s will, skill, and process so that they can proactively deliver accessible products with very little help from a subject matter expert.
Read more of What is accessibility coaching and why does it matter?
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Web Accessibility Checklist (resource – webaccessibilitychecklist.com
- Accessible PDFs: Everything you need to know (blog post - bhmbizsites.com)
- Early win for Deaf plaintiff in VR captioning lawsuit (blog post - lflegal.com)
- Does valid and semantic HTML still matter? (podcast - wordwrap.dev)
- Brief note on buttons, enter, and space (blog post - adrianroselli.com)
- Beyond WCAG: Losing spoons online (blog post - tpgi.com)
- Forced colors explained: A practical guide (blog post - polypane.app)
- Ableism has a massive impact (blog post - incl.ca)
- How to start testing your website with a screen reader (blog post - speckyboy.com)
New to A11y?
Meryl Evans reminds you to take accessibility progress over perfection whenever you can get it. I love Meryl’s message here. Applaud the progress, and point to how a person or company can do more.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.