Featured: Building a fully-accessible help tooltip
Sara Soueidan dives into making an accessible tooltip and how sometimes, with accessibility, things can get complex quickly,
Read more of Building a fully-accessible help tooltip.
News and links
Accessibility Guidelines Working Group charter formed: From the site, “A new charter has been approved and the group has been renamed “Accessibility Guidelines Working Group”. This charter adds Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 and Accessibility Conformance Testing Framework 1.0 as deliverables, in addition to ongoing WCAG 2.0 maintenance.”
Resources, tools and tutorials
- Make tech more accessible with these 12 APIs (blog post)
- Date-input form fields: UX design guidelines (blog post)
- Making your site accessible using W3C’s Easy Checks (infographic)
- How apps and websites can make sure they comply with accessibility guidelines (blog post)
- Five Approaches to Dealing with 3rd party (in)accessibility (blog post)
- Interstellar travel for all (working with Canvas and accessibility) (blog post)
- Press the pink button – designing for color blind users (blog post)
- The art of labeling (video)
- A new online course: Design for Humanity (resource)
New to A11y
The Government Digital Service team in the UK Government put together informational posters on the dos and don’ts on designing for accessibility, definitely worth checking out for an overview of creating accessible projects.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.