Featured: WCAG 2.2. and WCAG 3 status updates
“We expect WCAG 2.2 to be available later this year.”
Read more of WCAG 2.2. and WCAG 3 status updates.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Keyboard testing: The a11y enhancement to your definition of done (blog post – dev.to/steady5063
- More common accessibility issues that you can fix today (blog post - hidde.blog)
- 24×24 pixel cursor bookmarklet (blog post - adrianroselli.com)
- WordPress Accessibility Day (event - wpaccessibility.day)
- The surprising truth about pixels and accessibility (blog post - joshwcomeau.com)
- Web accessibility is broken. It’s time to fix it (video - youtube.com)
- Open Accessibility Standards (resource - pauljadam.github.io)
- Card designs and selectable text (blog post - intopia.digital)
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Global Accessibility Awareness Day (blog post - lflegal.com)
- React accessibility resources (blog post - brucelawson.co.uk)
- Five illustrations to understand and promote accessibility (blog post - stephaniewalter.design)
- ScreenReader app (tool - screenreader.app)
New to A11y?
Andrew Walpole says accessibility is hard and important. It’s easy to feel a spectrum of shame and despondency as you dive in, but push past it. I like how Andrew emphasizes both learning new things and unlearning bad habits. You have to do both.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.