Featured: Using accessibility literacy to counter accessibility ignorance
"Accessibility literacy must be a goal for any kind of sustainable, scalable accessibility program.
In this post, I’m going to expand on the idea of accessibility literacy, why it’s important, and ways you can encourage it in your organization."
Read more of Using accessibility literacy to counter accessibility ignorance.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Accessibility tools and resources for designers (blog post – digitala11y.com
- iOS accessibility values (blog post – mobilea11y.com
- Do you consider the word “impairment” to be ableist? (Twitter thread - twitter.com/AT_Fresh_Dev)
- Hey, check out this egg-laying wool-milk-pig: said no one ever (blog post - uxdesign.cc)
- Dialogs and shadow DOM: Can we make it accessible? (blog post - nolanlawson.com)
- A year in Cleanfeed accessibility (blog post - blog.cleanfeed.net)
- How I built a dark mode toggle (blog post - hidde.blog)
- Change management for accessibility: Lewin’s three-stage model (blog post - deque.com)
- Text-overflow: ellipsis considered harmful (blog post - yatil.net)
- Introduction to keyboard accessibility – the movie! (blog post - brucelawson.co.uk)
- W3C joins leading standards organizations and companies to coordinate interoperability standards for an open and inclusive metaverse (blog post - w3.org)
- Building accessible Android apps with Jetpack Compose: How accessibility service interacts with Jetpack Compose (blog post - deque.com)
- Voice control usability considerations for partially visually hidden link Names (blog post - smashingmagazine.com)
- Level Access and eSSENTIAL Accessibility agree to merge, strengthening market presence as an all-encompassing digital accessibility solutions provider (blog post - levelaccess.com)
- How we designed an accessible color palette from scratch (blog post - medium.com/wttj-tech)
New to A11y?
Henny Swan writes about the benefits of accessible design systems with tips and resources too. Henny covers a lot of gound here, including many of the ways accessibility can embed itself within a design system and spread outward.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.