Featured: “That’s not accessible!” and other statements about accessibility
“The accessibility of a website is a spectrum, in terms of different disabilities that exist, in terms of timing and in terms of objective claims.”
Read more of “That’s not accessible!” and other statements about accessibility.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Virtual accessibility mapping, awareness raising, and real-world advocacy (event – meetup.com/a11yvr
- A beginner’s guide to inclusive UX design (blog post – uxdesign.cc
- Change management for accessibility: Plan do check act (PCDA) model (blog post - deque.com)
- Are you sure that’s a number input? (blog post - kilianvalkhof.com)
- Accessibility work is hard and shouldn’t be treated as spec work (blog post - incl.ca)
- Building accessible Android apps with Jetpack Compose: Real-time examples (blog post - deque.com)
New to A11y?
Mariel de la Garza offers an introduction to web accessibility for businesses and consultants that touches on all the basics. I like how Mariel separates some of the true benefits of accessibility with why you must care–it’s the law in most places.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.