Featured: “That’s not accessible!” and other statements about accessibility
“The accessibility of a website is a spectrum, in terms of different disabilities that exist, in terms of timing and in terms of objective claims.”
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Virtual accessibility mapping, awareness raising, and real-world advocacy (event – meetup.com/a11yvr
- A beginner’s guide to inclusive UX design (blog post – uxdesign.cc
- Change management for accessibility: Plan do check act (PCDA) model (blog post - deque.com)
- Are you sure that’s a number input? (blog post - kilianvalkhof.com)
- Accessibility work is hard and shouldn’t be treated as spec work (blog post - incl.ca)
- Building accessible Android apps with Jetpack Compose: Real-time examples (blog post - deque.com)
New to A11y?
Mariel de la Garza offers an introduction to web accessibility for businesses and consultants that touches on all the basics. I like how Mariel separates some of the true benefits of accessibility with why you must care–it’s the law in most places.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.