Featured: Accessibility and QR codes
“This blog post explores considerations and provides guidance for creating accessible experiences with QR codes.”
Read more of Accessibility and QR codes.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- I was asked to speak about diversity on a design panel that lacked diversity (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- How our organization improved web accessibility (case study) (blog post – smashingmagazine.com)
- Watch my live accessibility review of KEXP.org (blog post - testingaccessibility.com)
- Brief note on calendar tables (blog post - adrianroselli.com)
- Five heading accessibility issues and how to fix them (blog post - blog.pope.tech)
- WCAG 2.2 status update (blog post - whollyaccessible.org)
- Deja vu all over again? DOJ announces intent to adopt web accessibility regulations for state and local governments (blog post - lflegal.com)
- Best practices for inclusive textual websites (blog post - seirdy.one)
- Automation and accessibility - What you need to know (video - youtube.com)
- Accessibility is writing (blog post - linkedin.com)
- What is WAI? The Web Accessibility Initiative (blog post - a11yproject.com)
New to A11y?
Ashley Bischoff has a concise tweet thread on plain language writing that I found helpful. I like Ashley’s tip for starting off pretending like you’re chatting with someone you just met.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.