Featured: New Success Criteria in WCAG 2.2
“This article is an overview of the new Success Criteria (SC) in WCAG 2.2 (Editor’s Draft). We’ll be looking at each of the new SCs in turn, describing their requirements in plain language, and discussing how to meet them.”
Read more of New Success Criteria in WCAG 2.2.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- FTC, commercial surveillance, and overlays (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- UX principles that include cognitive accessibility (blog post – ab11y.com)
- How to talk about disability sensitively and avoid ableist tropes (article - npr.org)
- Color & Contrast (resource - colorandcontrast.com)
- Introduction to desktop screen readers – The movie! (blog post - brucelawson.co.uk)
- WCAG 2.2 CR candidate first look (video - youtube.com)
- Accessibility is writing (blog post - linkedin.com)
New to A11y?
Manuel Matuzovic reminds you that outline is your friend. Yes, the outline property comes in handy, but Manuel also covers when it proves disadvantageous. This post has some good basics to keep in mind when working with CSS outlines.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.