Featured: How to create content that works well with screen readers
Léonie Watson gives you tips and tricks on creating content for screen readers. Hint: It’s a lot like writing well in general, but does have some caveats.
News and links
Executive Order likely dooms website regulations for public accommodations: From the article, “An executive order from President Trump will likely halt the Justice Department’s public accommodations website rulemaking.”
Resources, tools and tutorials
- Why make your website accessible - a personal story (blog post)
- Accessibility, the free market, and punching nazis while sitting down (blog post)
- Spectator of screen reader? Tools for you (blog post)
- How to design for color blindness (blog post)
- Android app accessibility checklist (blog post)
- In browser spellchecking (blog post)
- Resources for eliminating bias in design (blog post)
- An introduction to the reduced motion media query (blog post)
New to A11y
You might be overwhelmed when trying to find the right accessibility tools. Fear not, Luis Garcia has you covered in this video presentation all about tools..
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.