Featured: Inclusive Design 24 2022
One of my favorite accessibility events happens this week, on the 21st. “No sign-up. No registration. All sessions are streamed live and publicly on the Inclusive Design 24 YouTube channel.”
Read more of Inclusive Design 24 2022.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Mac VoiceOver testing the simple way (blog post - cloudfour.com)
- Making events accessible: Checklist for meetings, conferences, training, and presentations that are remote/virtual, in-person, or hybrid (resource - w3.org)
- Making a website under 1kB (blog post - tdarb.org)
- Critical CSS? Not so fast! (blog post – csswizardry.com)
- The details and summary elements, again (blog post – scottohara.me)
- Making sense of WAI-ARIA: A comprehensive guide (blog post - smashingmagazine.com)
- Better accessible names (blog post - hidde.blog)
- How to design delightful dark themes (blog post - blog.superhuman.com)
- Building the main navigation for a website (blog post - web.dev)
- How to fix common iOS accessibility issues (blog post - deque.com)
- Buttons and the Baader–Meinhof phenomenon (blog post - matuzo.at)
- How accessibility improves SEO (webinar - abilitynet-org-uk.zoom.us)
New to A11y?
I’ve featured the InklusivComm site a handful of times already in the newsletter. Check it out if you haven’t already. Recently, Denis Boudreau offered five tips for a more inclusive presentations. These kind of methods matter because so much of what we do each day comes through in talks, meetings and video recordings.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.