Featured: Making microservices accessible
Craig Abbott introduces you to microservices (a small part of the user journey which focuses on one specific task) and how they can impact accessibility.
Read more of Making microservices accessible.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Hostile patterns in error messages (blog post - nngroup.com)
- Let’s talk accessibility with Carie Fisher and Melanie Sumner (video - youtube.com)
- Addressing concerns about CSS Speech (blog post - tink.uk)
- Eight causes of slow website loading (and how to fix them) (blog post – calibreapp.com)
- Designing for people with dyscalculia and low numeracy (blog post – designnotes.blog.gov.uk)
- Intersectionality, accessibility, and inclusion (video - youtube.com)
- HTML semantics and accessibility cheat sheet (resource - webaim.org)
- Buttons with icons and text (blog post - tempertemper.net)
- My experiences with inaccessible legal docs and processes – and how to fix them (blog post - deque.com)
- Accessibility Insights with David Padmore and Matt Simpson of ITV (event - abilitynet-org-uk.zoom.us)
New to A11y?
Sara Soueidan shows you how to set up a screen reader testing environment on your computer. Sara gets into all sorts of details here so you won’t have any issues at all. Plus, you’ll have a solid setup for learning how to work with a screen reader.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.