Featured: Comparing manual and free automated WCAG reviews
“My concern is that too many managers, bosses, stakeholders, and even testers, may do no more than run a free automated tool against a site or page and consider that sufficient. This post shows why it may not be sufficient.”
Read more of Comparing manual and free automated WCAG reviews.
Sponsored: Axe-con 2023 agenda announced!
Axe-con, the world’s largest digital accessibility conference, is back virtually on March 15-16th. The schedule is now live with 60 sessions in four tracks: development, design, organizational success with accessibility, and a fun wildcard track.
All sessions are recorded and registration is free, what are you waiting for?
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Comparing Level Access automated tools to manual accessibility testing (blog post - racheleditullio.com)
- Designing high contrast focus states: A practical guide (blog post - accessarmada.com)
- 2023 design trends from an accessibility perspective (blog post - accessicart.com)
- Design system breakdown: Checkbox & radio (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- All of Learn Accessibility! is available (blog post – web.dev)
- Can a bridge be unethical? (blog post - doc.cc)
- Three attributes for better web forms (blog post – adactio.com)
- Conversation design: A tool for inclusivity (blog post - adhoc.team)
- Inclusive XR: accessible 3D experiences (blog post – tetralogical.com)
New to A11y
Austin Gil teaches you how to build better HTML form controls in a post that touches on more than accessibility. You learn a lot of UX basics that sometimes get overlooked or assumed in other tutorials.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.