Featured: Screen reader support for text level HTML semantics
Steve Faulkner answers the question, how do screen readers support such text level semantics today?
Read more of Screen reader support for text level HTML semantics.
Sponsored: Axe-con 2023 agenda announced!
Axe-con, the world’s largest digital accessibility conference, is back virtually on March 15-16th. The schedule is now live with 60 sessions in four tracks: development, design, organizational success with accessibility, and a fun wildcard track.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Website accessibility is not an afterthought (blog post - beleaf.au)
- Higher Education PSBAR accessibility requirements (webinar - abilitynet-org-uk.zoom.us)
- If you need a link, don’t use a button (blog post - tempertemper.net)
- Accessibility: Can a blind person use Meetup? (blog post – equalentry.com)
- Creating a high-contrast design system with CSS custom properties (blog post – smashingmagazine.com)
- Use the dialog element (reasonably) (blog post - scottohara.me)
- Browser built-in search and ATAG A.3.5.1 (blog post – hidde.blog)
- Digital exclusion in healthcare and how to change it (video - youtube.com)
- Neurodiversity Design System (resource – neurodiversity.design)
- Text spacing editor (tool – chrome.google.com/webstore)
New to A11y
Eric Eggert rates new WCAG 2.2 features in the kind of interesting post I love to see. Eric discusses what each of the success criteria are about and their shortcomings. It’s both analytical and useful. Interpreting WCAG can overwhelm anyone, especially those new to the work. This post demystifies that a bit.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.