Featured: More about headings and heading outlines
Following the recent discussion around the proposal for a new heading element, members of the web community have begun to ponder whether a new element is needed and the history behind mythical, automated outlines.
Resources, tools and tutorials
- How can I do this better? (blog post)
- UX research cheat sheet (resource)
- Today, I learned about the accessibility tree (blog post)
- Getting started with VoiceOver & accessibility (blog post)
- Voice user interface design: New solutions to old problems (blog post)
- Drupal 8’s web accessibility improvements (blog post)
- Focus inside Shadow DOM (blog post)
- What we found when we tested tools on the world’s least-accessible webpage (blog post)
- ARIA widget checklist: For screen reader testing (blog post)
New to A11y
The Interaction Design Foundation lays out the principles of universal design in a nice primer on the topic.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.