Featured: The WebAIM Million - 2023 update
“The 2023 report on the accessibility of the top 1,000,000 home pages.”
Read more of The WebAIM Million - 2023 update.
Sponsored: Thank you for attending axe-con! Recordings are now available
Many, many thanks to all the speakers and attendees who joined us live at axe-con recently! We’re humbled and honored by all the great content, participation, and support that came from the accessibility community.
Didn’t make it to the live event? Great news: All sessions were recorded and are now available on-demand, register for free to access.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- We need accessibility action (blog post - yatil.net)
- The ultimate guide to image optimisation (blog post - calibreapp.com)
- Short tutorial in Accessibility Inspector (blog post - itnext.io)
- Android headings (blog post – qbalsdon.github.io)
- A quick guide to reviewing a VPAT ACR (blog post – karlgroves.com)
- Sabbath mode and assistive technology features (blog post – ericwbailey.website)
- Accessibility for designer: Where do I start? (blog post - stephaniewalter.design)
- What we’ve learned about designing for accessibility from our users (blog post - slack.design)
- The disabled villain: Why sensitivity reading can’t kill off this ugly trope (blog post - theguardian.com)
New to A11y
Oh, I do like a good, real example in accessibility since answers on various topics can often be “It depends.” Whitney Lewis gives us that in Alternative text in the wild, going over five alternative text from sites. Whitney covers why they’re good or how they could be better.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.