Featured: World wide web, not wealthy western web (part 2)
Bruce Lawson expands on his first post in the series, this time going into reasons why some of the offline billions remain offline, and what can be done to address it.
Read more of World wide web, not wealthy western web (part 2).
Resources, tools and tutorials
- Flat-design best practices (blog post)
- Accessible form placeholder text (blog post)
- Forty three percent of sites have severe ‘flickering’ issues for their main drop-down menu (resource)
- Accessibility with Marcy Sutton (podcast)
- Inclusive components (blog)
- Mythbuster’s guide to accessibility (blog post)
- Accessibility business case: Spending your money intelligently (blog post)
- Keyboard interaction for disabled elements (blog post)
- Hex Naw (tool)
New to A11y
Web Axe just updated a thorough post on resources for writing for web accessibility, a perfect place to start if you’re new to the topic.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.