Featured: How I write alt text for code snippets on social media
“What’s the best alt text to provide? Should the alt text just be a copy of the full code? As we’ll see, my answer is the classic accessibility mantra: It Depends™.”
Read more of How I write alt text for code snippets on social media.
Sponsored: WordPress Accessibility Day 2023
See the great talks planned for this year for WordPress Accessibility Day 2023. WordPress Accessibility Day is a 24-hour global event dedicated to promoting and learning website accessibility best practices for WordPress websites.
The conference is pre-approved for continuing education credits for the International Association of Accessibility Professionals Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) and Certified Professional in Core Competencies (CPACC) certifications.
Read more about WordPress Accessibility Day 2023.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Real Al solutions for accessibility challenges (event - meetup.com/a11ynyc)
- Top tips for boosting your digital skills, with BT Group and Age UK (event - abilitynet-org-uk.zoom.us)
- Quick and very dirty target size checker (blog post - html5accessibility.com)
- How to make charts and graphs more accessible (blog post – blog.pope.tech)
- Decoding WCAG: “Alternative for time-based media” and “Media alternative for text” (blog post – webaim.org
- Progressively enhanced form validation, part 3: Validating a checkbox group (blog post –cloudfour.com)
- Building accessibility into your company, team, and culture (talk/video – youtube.com
New to A11y
Brian DeConinck writes about the things that Jakob’s Law is not. Users may prefer your site/product to work like most everything else, but there’s something you might be missing there: There aren’t shortcuts to good work.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.