Featured: Inclusive Design 24 recordings
The Inclusive Design 24 team already has recordings up from last week’s free, online conference. So many great talks you can watch on demand and learn from.
Read more of Inclusive Design 24 recordings.
Sponsored: WordPress Accessibility Day 2023
See the great talks planned for this year for WordPress Accessibility Day 2023. WordPress Accessibility Day is a 24-hour global event dedicated to promoting and learning website accessibility best practices for WordPress websites.
The conference is pre-approved for continuing education credits for the International Association of Accessibility Professionals Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) and Certified Professional in Core Competencies (CPACC) certifications.
Read more about WordPress Accessibility Day 2023.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Attitudes to Digital Accessibility 2023 (survey - surveymonkey.co.uk)
- How to write semantic CSS (video - youtube.com)
- Yes, digital product owners: Accessibility is your accountability, too (blog post - linkedin.com)
- The JS community on Twitter is dead (blog post – heather-buchel.com)
- “AI”, and the trouble with inaccessible SaaS (blog post – localghost.dev
- How to make a strong case for accessibility (blog post – smart-interface-design-patterns.com)
- What an Economist article says about website accessibility and lawsuits (blog post – equalentry.com
- Starfield’s accessibility problems (blog post – cloudfour.com)
- Building a core accessibility team: The keys to the kingdom (blog post – deque.com
- Episode 521: Tolu Adegbite (podcast – revisionpath.com)
- State of HTML 2023 now open! (blog post – lea.verou.me
New to A11y
Haley Moss wrote about how to react when an employee discloses a disability. It’s short and has practical advice for a situation you might find yourself in one day.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.