Featured: What are accessibility overlays?
Heydon Pickering defines overlays in a video in a way that only Heydon can.
Read more of What are accessibility overlays?.
Sponsored: Top accessibility mistakes in WordPress plugins, recess zero proof watermelon mojito
In this episode, we discuss common accessibility problems found in WordPress plugins and offer practical advice on when to evaluate, remediate, or abandon third-party software that has usability issues.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Tech tools for dyslexia at work, in education and at home (webinar - abilitynet-org-uk.zoom.us)
- Misconceptions can kill accessibility momentum (blog post - yatil.net)
- HTML popover, videos and display:blackhole (blog post - brucelawson.co.uk)
- Real AI solutions for accessibility challenges (blog post – equalentry.com)
- Form accessibility and usability beyond the basics (blog post – blog.pope.tech
- Accessibility is easy … except for when tt isn’t (talk – a11y-tools.com)
- Concerts and porta-potties (blog post – elegantlyaccessible.substack.com
- Searching for justice in programming language design (webinar – washington.edu)
- Four reasons to give WCAG AAA a second look (blog post – webaim.org
- A11y – Focus Order plugin for Figma (blog post/tool – linkedin.com)
- How I use Microsoft Lens with low vision (blog post – veroniiiica.com
New to A11y
Sheri Byrne-Haber published a post about phrases that you might not realize are ableist. You might have used some of these recently. I have too. Let’s do better.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.