Featured: What is an accessible name?
Léonie Watson explains the details behind how HTML elements have an accessible name and why you should choose them with care.
Read more of What is an accessible name?.
News and links
Call for speakers for Inclusive Design 24 ends April 21: From the site, “This year, we will go beyond accessibility compliance. The focus for #ID24 2017 is levelling up – taking your skills and knowledge beyond the basics and beyond compliance.”
Resources, tools and tutorials
- Five UX lessons you can learn in the toilet (blog post)
- ARIA alert support (blog post)
- What are the differences between born blind and becoming blind? (video)
- Inclusively hidden (blog post)
- Progressive enahancement with Aaron Gustafson (podcast)
- Smooth scrolling and accessibility (blog post)
New to A11y
Sami Keijonen teaches you how to write accessible content, full of practical tips you can use now. He covers all things writing related, including links, hierarchy and more.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.