Featured: Responsive design for motion
Motion is wonderful, except when it’s not. James Craig explains the ins and outs of the prefers-reduced-motion media feature, how it can help and when to use it.
Read more of Responsive design for motion.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Accessibly labelling interactive elements (blog post)
- To ARIA! The cause of, and solution to, all our accessibility problems (blog post)
- How Microsoft’s accessible OneNote helps me to manage a medical crisis (blog post)
- Accessibility: Designed for everyone (videos)
- GAAD 2017: I wish I’d known… (blog post)
- Pragmatic Accessibility: A how-to guide for teams (video)
- Accessibility in a responsive world (resource)
New to A11y
Software engineer Chris Nagle explains what it’s like to work in the field with a disability, and what everyone should know. It’s a short read, but a worthy perspective to think about.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.