Featured: Big win for blind shopper in first U.S. ADA web accessibility trial
Lainey Feingold explains the historic court case, believed to be the first trial in an ADA case about website accessibility against a private company, known legally as a public accommodation.
Read more of Big win for blind shopper in first U.S. ADA web accessibility trial.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- How can I make my icon system accessible? (blog post)
- Color accessibility workflows (book)
- Tricky issues: Accessible WordPress themes (blog post)
- Accessibility according to actual people with disabilities (blog post)
- Auto-Play Policy Changes for macOS (blog post)
- Inclusive design principles (resource)
- Here’s why accessibility is not the enemy of design (blog post)
- How to make your website accessible to people who use a screen magnifier (blog post)
- The importance of cognitive bias in experience design (blog post)
- For an inclusive culture, try working less (blog post)
New to A11y
Disability in Kidlit has a great resource all about disability terminology that you should read. It’s an excellent introduction to terms you might see but not know enough about.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.