Featured: What I’ve learned about motor impairment
James Williamson writes about how almost any decreased motor function control can negatively impact someone’s ability to browse the web or use your application and much more.
Read more of What I’ve learned about motor impairment.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Accessibility is innovation (blog post)
- Microsoft’s new iPhone app narrates the world for blind people (news article)
- The Accessibility Cheatsheet (resource)
- Short note on aria-label, aria-labelledby, and aria-describedby (blog post)
- Focusing on what matters (blog post)
- Disabled buttons suck (blog post)
New to A11y
Mike Gifford explains that organizations overlook accessibility because it isn’t baked into their culture, and he has some thoughts on how not to let that happen. I love all the tips that can easily be made into actionable steps for any organization.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.