Featured: Inclusive design principle – Be Consistent
If you haven’t seen the Paciello Group’s Inclusive Design Principles, you should check it out. Heydon Pickering kicked off a series on the organization’s blog, exploring each principle in depth.
Read more of Inclusive design principle: Be consistent.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Jamie: Moving on from NV Access (news)
- WCAG 2.0 - perceivable (video)
- Companies are losing web cases: Spend money on web access, not lawyers (blog post)
- Are you concerned about accessibility? (blog post)
- Accessibility primer part 0: Glossary (blog post)
- Ten guidelines to improve your web accessibility (blog post)
- Building accessible single page apps (blog post)
New to A11y
The W3C recently updated one of its classic accessibility resources. Easy Checks - A First Review of Web Accessibility gets you started on some the basics of learning about and checking for accessibility on the web. It’s a great place to start if you’re new to the subject.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.