Featured: Does accessibility slow down the development process?
Andrea Fercia says everything slows down the development process, and lays out the case that accessibility is design.
Read more of Does accessibility slow down the development process?.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- AccessLint (tool)
- Disability inclusion at Microsoft: A personal journey – Swetha Machanavajhala (blog post)
- Software development 450 words per minute (blog post)
- Screen readers and CSS: Are we going out of style (and into content)? (blog post)
- Firefox 57 will be less chatty to screen readers in some situations (blog post)
- Nerdery - Video background with pause feature (blog post)
- New updates to WebAIM’s popular contrast checking tool (tool)
- How to label custom elements (video podcast)
- Tips for making accessibility a core design principle (blog post)
New to A11y
I’m always looking for web accessibility resources. Heck, it’s what prompted me to start this newsletter. Well, the University of Minnesolta at Duluth has an impressive page of resources on just about everything. Take a look – I’m sure you’ll learn something.
Last week, I had the wrong link in the New to A11y section. So I’ve shared the same resource there again this week.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.