Featured: A smartphone accessibility primer
Kara Van Roekel kicks off a series on mobile accessibility with the topic of screen readers. She demystifies the differences between the two major ones and more.
Read more of A smartphone accessibility primer.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- The future of accessibility for custom elements (blog post)
- WebAIM’s screen reader user survey #7 now open for responses (survey)
- Keeping track of letter-spacing, some guidelines (blog post)
- Tabbed interfaces (blog post)
- Creating accessible menus - part 1 (blog post)
- Creating accessible menus - part 2 (blog post)
- JAWS wide open (news)
- Journey mapping is key to gaining empathy (blog post)
- What the Blick Art materials case means for corporate website accessibility (blog post)
New to A11y
The Inclusive Design team at Microsoft tells you how to recognize exclusion in artificial intelligence. They break down bias into categories, making it easier to understand and drill into while working.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.