Featured: Plain language is for everyone, even experts
The Web is just words and pictures. Mostly words though. Good thing the Nielsen Norman Group has a new post about writing and plain language.
Read more of Plain language is for everyone, even experts.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Quality ⊃ good design ⊃ inclusive interface (blog post)
- Inclusive Design 24 November 16, 2017 schedule up (event)
- Building your core accessibility team in 5 steps (blog post)
- Q and A: Video accessibility at the University of Washington (blog post)
- Regaining sight (blog post)
- Short note on labelling text fields in native iOS applications (blog post)
New to A11y
Since we started with content, let’s end there too. Genevieve Conti at Zapier wrote a post on how to make web content accessible. It guides you through five basic tips for making your content work for everyone, from alternate text to link text and more.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.